Tips for Responsible Travel
Do your part to be a responsible traveler when visiting Costa Rica:
- Offset your carbon emissions caused by your international flights to Costa Rica. Visit: www.fonafifo.com for more information.
- Look for sustainable hotels certified by Costa Rica´s Ministry of Tourism (CST). Visit www.turismo-sostenible.co.cr for more information.
- Support Costa Rica’s impressive national park system by organizing a visit or tour.
- Buy local produce and support locally-run hotels and tour operators.
- Be mindful of the amount of water and energy that you use while on vacation. Take advantage of linen and towel reuse programs.
- When visiting natural areas, make sure not to leave trash behind. Participate in recycling programs whenever possible.
- Reduce your ecological footprint by using public transport, biking or walking.
- Practice your Spanish! It is a great way to get in touch with local cultures and customs.
- Let hotels and tour operators know how they can improve their sustainability policies.