University is tough; time to plan for spring break in Costa Rica
Spring break is just around the corner and the best place to enjoy it is Costa Rica. College can be demanding and spring break is a time for everyone to let loose, especially after the grind of the academic year.
Forget about Fort Lauderdale or Mexico! For those university students looking for a more unique and adventure filled spring break, Costa Rica is the spot. The country is a perfect tropical paradise that offers a variety of activities for everyone. And most of all – it is SAFE so parents can relax too!
When you first get to Costa Rica, you'll need a place to stay. A great option for those flying into, and out of San Jose's Juan Santamaria International is Hotel Grano De Oro. While in the city, check out Restaurant & Bar to dance the night away with great DJ's from around the world.
When you're ready to head for the beach, here are a few top picks, each offering something unique and perfect, depending on what kind of Spring break you're in the mood for:
Hotel Capitan – Tamarindo Beach
Tamarindo is a party town, so this is a great choice for those looking to surf, dance, and have a good time. Close to many exciting tours and activities, this is a great choice for college students who like a more active spring break atmosphere.
Hotel Villas – Central Pacific near Beach.
A little more sedate, Villas offers a private beach, a great spa, wonderful dining, and stunning sunsets. Close to where the party is hopping every night, and yet far enough away for some peace and quiet surrounded by nature, this hotel offers the perfect balance for those who like to party and surf, but also want to be pampered in an upscale, tranquil environment.
Alma Del Pacifico – Este on the Central Pacific Coast.
Alma del Pacifico is the perfect spot for the surfers among us. Spacious bungalows offer plenty of room for a small group to crash, and the nearby attractions are almost too many to name. Close to Manuel Antonio National Park for nature lovers, right on the beach for surfers and stand up paddlers, a wonderful spa for the spa junkies in the group, and close to Beach for the party crowd, this boutique resort is a great choice for groups with varied interests.
From a ' nightlife to eco-adventure, lazy days in a hammock, surfing, and more, Costa Rica has so much more to offer than wet t-shirt contests and beer bong party scenes.
Check it out- these are our top ten favorite things to do while on vacation in Costa Rica:
- National parks and eco tours; hiking, bird watching, and nature loving; Costa Rica boasts 32 national parks, 51 wildlife refuges, 13 forest reserves, and 8 biological reserves.
- Get up in the air- take your pick between flying through the forest canopy on a zip line, parasailing, hanging bridges, and bungee jumping.
- Horseback riding – and while you're at it, why not choose a tour that heads for the nearest waterfall?
- Spa services- there's nothing that says vacation like a nice long afternoon at the spa
- Water sports such as surfing, kayaking, stand up paddle, jet skiing, sunset cruises, sport fishing, scuba, and snorkeling
- Hiking, motorcycling, or biking tours
- River Rafting- the rapids are waiting for experienced and inexperienced rafters alike.
- City tours, theater, and museums while in San Jose
- Nightlife and Dining
- Crocodile tours; get up close and personal with crocodiles in the wild on this perfectly safe, yet exciting adventure tour.
While there is so much to do, sometimes, all you really want to do is let loose and party on your spring break. And two of the best places to do that in Costa Rica are Beach in the Central Pacific and Tamarindo. Both are favorite hot spots for spring breakers and they both host an awesome nightlife. From dancing to every kind of music to casino gaming, dining, and cocktails these towns won't let you down.
Costa Rica is one of the safest countries in Central America and it is also one of the hottest party spots in the world. Come, enjoy!