Stylish boutique hotel with Arenal volcano views from every suite
The flower-adorned approach to Arenal Kioro hints at the carefully landscaped 27 acres that set off this luxury boutique hotel and spa. Bounded by two streams, the gardens include a private hot spring. The rainforest of Arenal National Park that adjoins Kioro adds to your sense of seclusion.
Kioro’s outdoor terrace, with pool and several thermal pools, is also where you’ll find Orquídeas, with its casual lunch and themed dinner menu. Bar El Higuerón, at the hot springs, is perfect for evening cocktails, national beers, and non-alcoholic fruit juices.
There are only two suite types: Couples (king-sized bed) or Family (two queens). Cathedral ceilings, floor-to-ceiling windows, Spanish tile floors, and two balconies add to a sense of open space. Every suite features a view of Arenal Volcano. Wicker furniture, teak accents, and boldly colored accents in the soft furnishings bring a modern feel to the room. An in-room hot tub, air conditioning, free Wi-Fi and a flat-screen TV round out the standard amenities. The suite’s bathroom features double sinks in a natural stone vanity.
Breakfast is included at the hotel’s main restaurant, Heliconias, which offers a wide variety of hot entrees, mostly typical Costa Rican fare. Pancakes or French toast, fresh fruit, pastries, cold cereal, yogurts, as well as an egg station to complete the buffet breakfast offering. Lunch and dinner service are a la carte and more upmarket, offering a full range of dishes. As with the suites, the windows on three sides of the restaurant overlook the rainforest, augmented by flowering heliconias throughout.
Neidin Spa provides guests with full-service massage treatments and more limited scrubs, facials, wraps, and baths. Titokú Hot Springs (a natural spring only 5 minutes away by hotel shuttle) offers more stress reduction and relaxation.
There are several 4.5+ star restaurants in La Fortuna for a change of pace, including:
- Restaurante Don Rufino – local, grass-fed beef, seafood, vegetarian, classic Costa Rican casado, including breakfast
- Soda Mina – traditional Costa Rican fare
- Snapper’s House – fresh seafood
- La Parrilla de María Bonita – wood-fired grill, Lebanese
- La Forchetta Ristorante – flavors of Northern Italy
As a guest at Kioro, Arenal, you can join outdoor tours of area attractions.
Among others, activities include:
- Caňo Negro Wildlife Refuge Boat Tour – boat ride on the Frío River, starting near the border with Nicaragua that travels through the refuge; spot monkeys, sloths, caimans, and birds, as well as rare plant and animal species
- Arenal Hanging Bridges – a 2-mile trail of suspension bridges; views of the volcano and Lake Arenal
- Sky Adventure Park – stunning views of Arenal from the Sky Walk, the Sky Tram, or the Sky Trek zipline; choose one or try them all
- ATV Tour – a wild ride aboard an ATV and a stop for a swim
Arenal Kioro Green Luxury exudes an atmosphere of casual sophistication that ensures comfort and relaxation for newlyweds and families alike. Contact us to find out more.